By now, every program will be considering ways to keep their patients and health care providers safe. The obvious concern is patients treated with in-centre hemodialysis, but there may also be issues for those programs with assisted peritoneal dialysis and of course timely laboratory investigations for patients with kidney transplants and advanced chronic kidney disease.
The CSN has reached out to many of the renal agencies to ask for copies of their contingency plans. These will be posted on this page of the CSN website as a central place for all to review.
I would also ask that individual programs that are willing to share their ideas, please send a copy of your documents to Filomena Picciano, Director of Operations (email@example.com) and we will add those to this page as well.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by CSN of the linked websites, or the information, products or services contained therein. CSN does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations nor does CSN make any representation of their accuracy or completeness. Please contact those websites with any questions.
- BC Renal Agency Province Wide Rounds (PWR) recordings
- Framework for Ethical Resource Allocation to Minimize Moral Injury during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Documenting your Goals of Care
- CMAJ Article: Pandemic palliative care: beyond ventilators and saving lives
- Guidance for Implementation Advance Care Planning COVID-19
- COVID-19 Telehealth Communication Tips
- COVID-19 Conversation Guide for Outpatient Care
- Important Information for Hemodialysis Patients
- Hemodialysis Patient Screening Questionnaire for Influenza-like illness/COVID-19
- Important Information for Kidney Care Clinic Patients
- Important Information for PD & HHD Patients
- Social Distancing Handout for Hemodialysis Patients
- COVID-19 Guideline for Hemodialysis Outpatients
- Changes to HD Schedule
- COVID-19 Guidelines for Kidney Care Clinics
- Guide: Caring for Symptomatic Dialysis Patients
- Notice RE Visitor Policy
- Provincial Renal Emergency Management and Business Continuity Plan
- Emergency Preparedness especially for dialysis patients
- Webinar Recording held April 15th, 2020: COVID-19 and Dialysis Patients: Your Questions Answered
- COVID-19 and Cardiovascular Disease: What the Cardiac Healthcare Provider Should Know - March 22, 2020
- UPDATED: COVID-19 and concerns regarding use of cardiovascular medications, including ACEi/ARB/ARNi, low-dose ASA and non-sterodial anti-inflamatory drugs (NSAIDS) - March 20, 2020
- Guidance on hospital-based care and cardiac procedures during the COVID-19 crisis - March 17, 2020
- Guidance on ambulatory management and diagnostic testing during the COVID-19 crisis - March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and cardiac device patients: A message from the Canadian Heart Rhythm Society - March 16, 2020
- COVID-19 and use of ACEi/ARB/ARNi medications for heart failure or hypertension - March 15, 2020